When we finished our yard last year, we had planted a peach tree. It is only about 5 ft high. This spring we noticed we had quite a few little peaches on it, about 40 or so. In speaking with some people who had some experience with gardening, it was suggested we trim that number down. I was concerned too because that little tree wouldn't be able to hold that much fruit. So in late spring, I picked about 20 of them. I tried to leave just a couple on each limb. A few weeks later, I went to check the progress and all but two had fallen off. That was sort of disappointing, but I figured that the tree had only been in a year and I shouldn't expect a big harvest.I had noticed lately that the two peaches were ripening up prettty good, although they weren't that big. Last Sunday, I looked out the window and noticed one of the peaches had fallen off. I sent Zach out to check the other peach and it came off as soon as he touched it. Our first harvest!!!
As you can see, we first got a picture of them and then we cut them up. They tasted pretty good, although the skin was a little bitter.
Speaking of our peach tree, last year when we put it in we noticed that Parker has had a lot of exposure to gaming systems. When we told him we had planted a peach tree, he asked if we were going to plant a Bowser tree and a Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda) tree.
1 comment:
Mmmmmm....I love fresh peaches. Just think, in a few short years you'll be inviting us over for fresh peach pie....
Post a Comment